Billericay Community Trust
The Billericay Community Trust is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee comprising of fifteen schools in Billericay; Billericay Educational Consortium, a provider of initial teacher training and Anglia Ruskin University.
Through working with partners within and beyond the Trust, the BCT’s vision is to provide a collaborative approach to education that benefits all young people and the Billericay community, irrespective of ability, disability, background or upbringing.
We aim to achieve this through the following objectives; to foster / ensure:
- A strong partnership between schools that has rigour embedded in high provision and expectations for all of the children in BCT schools.
- Excellent achievement for every child from their starting points.
- High standards of Teaching and Learning, and Leadership at all levels across all schools.
- All stakeholders appropriately trained and supported, and equipped to carry out their role effectively; making a contribution across the partnership.
- Increased resilience reducing vulnerability for each school through stronger collaboration both in terms of challenge and support.
- Close partnership working with the Billericay TSA and BEC SCITT.
- The development of outstanding teachers through the highest quality Initial Teacher Training programmes and professional development opportunities.
- A sense of community spirit in future generations.
- Every child will experience an enriched, stimulating and creative education leading to a lifelong love of learning.
A key focus for the BCT Board is monitoring the effectiveness of the actions sitting behind these objectives, as well as ensuring the ongoing financial viability of the trust for the long-term.