Religious Education provides our pupils with the opportunity to ask life's big questions. We aim to engage, inspire and challenge our pupils; encouraging them to reflect on their own beliefs and values as well as making connections to the beliefs and values of others.
Our R.E. curriculum covers: Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism and Humanism. You can find further information about the topics covered on our curriculum map.
The RE curriculum promotes the respect of others within our communities, exploring diversity and interpersonal skills. Children use cross-curricular skills to make connections with other areas of their learning, e.g. literacy, science, geography and history. By reflecting on their own beliefs and values, children are supported in their spiritual well-being and happiness.
At South Green, we follow the Essex Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education - exploRE: https://schools.essex.gov.uk/other/Essex_SACRE/Documents/RE%20AGREED%20SYLLABUS%202015%20exploRE.pdf
RE is included in the SMSC (Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural) group.
Mastery in R.E. at South Green Junior School
All children are able to access and achieve Mastery in R.E. at South Green. This can include:
- Making connections between different aspects of religion.
- Having a deep understanding about personal values, beliefs and actions of other people from a range of cultures.
- Engaging feelings and imagination to display empathy with different believers.
- Making connections with similarities and differences within and between religious and belief systems.
- Engaging on a personal level with important life questions.
- Considering own beliefs and values.
KS2 BBC Bitesize RE pages https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z7hs34j
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact me by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
RE Subject Leader